Tuesday 9 May 2017

Regrowing Sweet Basil

I bought some basil seeds from NTUC (one of the supermarkets you see in Singapore). And tried to grow them. Many of the plants did not survive beyond 2 leaves. You see, where I plant them (the corridor) has limited sun light. After much tries, and effort (by ensuring that they have enough sun), I managed to get my basil plants to grow to a significant height.

Growing from seed is slow. Though this is often rewarding, as once you have a relatively matured plant, things start to go easier. Basil can grow readily from a stem cutting. Simply just cut a branch off, let it root, and it will grow. Much easier, and higher success rate as compared to growing them from seeds.

In this video, I share the regrowing process for the first 3 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment